Relevant facts after the Cold War
- Hotel Rwandaby Terry George with Don Cheadle
- My Dear Companion, by Norman Rene
- The twin towers from Oliver Stone
- Silicon Valley Pirates from Martyn Burke
- A cry of freedom from Richard Attenborough
- The Queen by Stephen Frears, about Queen Elizabeth II at events after the death of Princess Diana.
Brazilian films about the history of Brazil
Great Monarchs and Leaders
- Ajuricaba (movie) by Oswaldo Caldeira, with Paulo Villaça
- Lamarca, by Sérgio Rezende, with Paulo Betti and Carla Camurati
- Jango, by Silvio Tendler (documentary)
- 24 Frames Janium, by Luiz Alberto Pereira
- The JK Years, by Silvio Tendler (documentary)
- The good bourgeois by Oswaldo Caldeira, with José Wilker
- The Old Man - the story of Luis Carlos Prestes, by Toni Venturi
- Forever Paguwith Carla Camurati
- Change Brazil from Oswaldo Caldeira
- Olga, by Jayme Monjardim
- Independence or death, by Carlos Coimbra, with Tarcísio Meira, Glória Menezes, Kate Hansen and Dionísio Azevedo
- Carlota Joaquina, Princess of Brazil, by Carla Camurati, with Marieta Severo and Marco Nanini
- Tiradentes, the movie, by Oswaldo Caldeira, with Humberto Martins
- The Inconfidents, by Joaquim Pedro de Andrade
- Tiradentes, the Martyr of Independenceby Geraldo Vietri
- Sergeant Getúliowith Lima Duarte
- Getulio Vargas, by Ana Carolina
- Caramuru - The Invention of Brazil, by Guel Arraes
Wars and revolutions
- Revolution of 30, by Sylvio Back (documentary)
- The Country of Lieutenants, by João Batista de Andrade
- Straw War, by Sérgio Rezende, with Cláudia Abreu
- Peeled War, by Sylvio Back
- Brazilian war, by Sylvio Back (documentary)
- Anahy from Las Misiones, by Sérgio Silva
- Joana Angelica, by Walter Lima Jr.
- Quilombo, by Cacá Diegues
- The Republic is born, by Roberto Moreira
- What is this fellow?, by Bruno Barreto, with Pedro Cardoso
- Forward Brazil, by Roberto Freitas
- Blood Baptism, by Helvécio Ratton
- The Battle of Guararapes, by Paulo Thiago
- Hans Staden, by Luis Alberto Pereira
- Netto Lose His Soul, with Werner Schünemann
Culture and science
- Scented Ball, by Paulo Caldas and Lírio Ferreira
- Auriverde Radio, by Sylvio Back (documentary)
- Ingenuity boy, by Walter Lima Jr.
- Abolition, by Zozimo Bulbul
- Gaijin, Paths of Freedom, by Tizuka Yamasaki
- The Quatrilho, by Fábio Barreto, with Glória Pires and Patricia Pillar
- Ganga Zumba, by Cacá Diegues
- xica da Silva, by Cacá Diegues
- Chico Rei, by Walter Lima Jr.
- Downworldwith Simone Spoladore, Caco Ciocler and others
- Villa-Lobos, a life of passion, by Zelito Viana, with Marcos Palmeira, Antonio Fagundes, Marieta Severo and Leticia Spiller.
- The Liberation Church, by Silvio Da-Rin
- Anchieta, Jose from Brazil, by Paulo Cesar Saraceni
- Jacobin's Passion, by Fábio Barreto, with Leticia Spiller, Thiago Lacerda
- Goat Marked to Die, by Eduardo Coutinho
- They don't wear black tiesby Leon Hirszman
- The Shot That Changed History, by Ricardo Nauenberg, TVE (video of the play)
- Parahyba Male Womanby Tizuka Yamazaki with Walmor Chagas
- The Discovery of Brazil, by Humberto Mauro (documentary)
- Prison Memories, by Nelson Pereira dos Santos
- The Guarani, by Norma Bengell, with Márcio Garcia and Tatiana Issa
- Pindorama, by Arnaldo Jabor
- Guarani Republic, by Sylvio Back
- The jungle filmmakerby Aurélio Michiles (documentary)
- The House of Seven Women, by Jayme Monjardim, based on the book of the same name by Leticia Wierzchowski, tells the story of Bento Gonçalves; with Camila Morgado, Werner Schünemann, Thiago Lacerda, Eliane Giardini, Nivea Maria, Daniela Escobar and Luis Mello.
- Mad Maria, by Benedito Ruy Barbosa, based on the homonymous work by Márcio Souza, with Ana Paula Arósio, Tony Ramos, Antônio Fagundes
- Chiquinha Gonzaga, by Jayme Monjardim, with Regina Duarte
- One heart, by Carlos Manga, with Ana Paula Arósio, Edson Celulari, Eliane Giardini, among others.
- August, Paulo José's miniseries, based on the eponymous book by Rubem Fonseca, with Carlos Vereza, José Mayer, Vera Fischer
- JK, miniseries by Maria Adelaide Amaral and Alcides Nogueira on the life of the great president Juscelino kubtschek de Oliveira.
- Amazon, from Galvez to Chico Mendes by Glória Peres on the history of Acre
- The wall, by Maria Adelaide Amaral, with Leandra Leal, Tarcísio Meira, Vera Holtz.
- The Fifth of Hell, by Antonio Calmon. On the life of Dom Pedro I.
- Dear friends. by Maria Adelaide Amaral. About the reunion of Leo and his friends who lived the lead years and returned from exile.
- World History Part Iby Mel Brooks
- The Young Years of a Queen, by Ernst Marischka
- Your Majesty, Mrs. Brown
- Havana by Sydney Pollack with Richard Gere and Lena Olin
- 1941, a very crazy war, by Steven Spielberg
- Casablanca, by Michael Curtiz, with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman